The Drop-in center for intravenous-drug users at PULSE Foundation a low-threshold service, part of the organization’s HIV / AIDS Prevention and Control Program.
- Minimize the risk of HIV / AIDS and Tuberculosis infection and reduce the harms from the intravenous drug use
- Provide care, support and information to improve the quality of life of the drug users
- Minimize discrimination in the community towards drug users caused by lack of information and conservative attitudes
PULSE Foundation guarantees confidentiality of the visits and the clients of the Drop-in center.
The Drop-in center provides:
- Safe and warm place to spend time
- Warm drinks
- Basic consultations and referral to services
- Information on safe intravenous injection practices
- Information on safe sex
- Sterile injection materials, medicines, condoms
- Information on HIV /AIDS /TB prevention
- Regular blood tests